Smoked Chicken Thigh Recipe
Smoked chicken thighs in eight easy steps that’ll take around 3ish hours to make.
I originally picked this up from Mad Scientist BBQ and tweaked it a little. This formula consistently results in the best chicken thighs I have ever ingested.
- Liberally season skin-on chicken thighs.
- Smoke thighs skin side up at 200-225°f until the internal temp is in the 150s° (roughly 60-90 minutes).
- Increase smoker temp to 300° and continue to smoke until the internal temp is around 185° (probably 30ish minutes).
- Mix apple cider vinegar and your preferred BBQ sauce in a bowl so it is slightly thinner than normal BBQ sauce viscosity (ratio roughly 1:4 ACV to BBQ sauce).
- When the thighs reach 185ish°, dunk and flip each one in the BBQ/ACV concoction and place them back on the smoker skin side up.
- Continue to smoke until the sauce thickens up and looks all nice and shiny and sticky (around another 30ish minutes).
- Remove from the smoker and let it rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Nom nom nom nom nom nom.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Opinions? Comment below or shoot an email to Adam@LetsDigress.com!